A massage – why is it essential?
‘Touch’ is probably one of the most underrated of our senses in this day and age. As we grow older, we use our sight and hearing much more than touch. How often do we really touch our family, friends and work colleagues? People who aren’t touched enough can suffer emotionally, and this in turn can lead to physical ailments.
Massage is an excellent way to put the ‘touch’ back into our lives! Massage, one of the oldest forms of treatment known, is an ancient art therapy in many countries. Generally, its purpose is to treat stress or pain and to heal and relax the body. Massage focuses on stimulating the nerves, muscles and glands of the body to perform better. Massage techniques require both knowledge and skills. A good massage can create happiness.
The word ‘massage’ dates back to the ancient Greek word meaning ‘to knead dough’ (μάσσω).
Benefits of massage
- A better blood circulation is part of the chain reaction that occurs in the body as a result of receiving massage therapy on a regular basis. When you have a better blood circulatory system, its helps to deliver nutrients and oxygen to all cells in the body.
- Massage carries metabolic waste away from muscles and internal organs, resulting in lower blood pressure and improved body functions.
- Massage increases circulation, friction, and thus heat in the muscle fibres, helping the muscles and surrounding tissues to become more elastic. Soft tissues of the body are like gelatin, in the sense that they become more dense and congealed when cold, and more flexible when warm.
- Massage also helps to stimulate the lymphatic system, which will encourage lymphatic fluids to be circulating through the body. Stimulating the lymph organs will thus increase the immunity system and help controlling various pathogens.
- Massage helps to balance body and mind, while the hand of the massage therapist touches your skin. This way, kindness and attention will connect to your body.
Our Massage Menu
Busy at work, tired at night: your head can use a treat. >>>
Your feet keep you going, day after day. Why not give them rest? >>>
The real thing – body massage like only the Thai can do. >>>
Four Elements Massage
A treatment where earth, wind, fire and light meet. Pure satisfaction! >>>
No aroma oil treatment is ever the same. Which of these is your favourite? >>>
Surprise! A jump across the Baltic Sea for some Nordic pleasure. >>>
Hot Stone Massage
Up for a combination of excitement and relaxation? Search no further! >>>
For those who want to win: relaxing can be the best training. >>>